Demo site import file (get the content!)
Want to skip ahead a bit and simply import the content file from our demo site into your new Wordpress install? No problem, here's what to do...
- Make sure you have a brand new Wordpress install and you have also installed the Conversion Cats theme (see the second lesson in our guide if you have yet to install the theme)
- Download our demo site import file here.
- Unzip the file so you have just the XML file, it should look like: conversioncatsdemo.xml
- Go to the back-end of your Wordpress site
- NOTE: you should only do this on a brand new, fresh Wordpress install rather than a site that already has a bunch of content
- Go to Tools > Import
- Find Wordpress > click Install Now to install the importer plugin
- Click Run Importer
- Choose the XML file (conversioncatsdemo.xml) from your computer.
- NOTE: make sure you choose just the unzipped XML file and not the original zip file
- Upload file and import
- You can re-assign the posts to your admin user account
- NOTE: the file attachments are too large to share so please note that all of the images will be broken and won't work when you run the import.
- Once it's done, you should get a success message.
- We highly recommend going through the guide from start to finish so you get a better understanding of how to optimize the theme to its fullest potential for your business!